Pilates for Scoliosis
Through a combination of simple, effective exercises, you will cultivate a greater awareness of the strength discrepancies in your own body, as well as building confidence in assisting people with curvature of the spine.
- Learn how to diagnose scoliosis in different bodies that present with variations in spinal muscular topography
- Help to educate your clients about their own spinal configuration and how they can become active participants in their own conditioning program.
- Learn Pilates exercises for scoliosis that are also beneficial for rehabilitation purposes, as well as for athletes who suffer from overuse syndrome who can benefit from strengthening the weaker, underutilized muscles to achieve balance and improved function in the body.
- Learn to teach your clients how to develop "internal control" over their spines, helping them to shift perspective and adopt an integrative approach, so that they can literally control their spines from the inside, strengthening the corset muscles of the body, creating greater overall tone and stamina.
- Learn techniques that will help your clients loosen their fasciae and establish new movement patterns in their bodies.
- Understand the psychological component of scoliosis; how to approach your client with tact, professionalism and sensitivity.
- Learn strategic hands-on techniques to increase the efficacy of the scoliosis exercises you give to your client.
- Come to appreciate the dramatic structural and profoundly positive psychological impact Pilates can have in the treatment of scoliosis.