The Pilates Advanced Work Weekend Immersion
Earn 10 PMA CEC's for this workshop!
November 8-9, 2014
The Pilates Advanced Work Weekend Immersion will provide you with an in-depth experience of Classical Pilates work on all apparatus, including thorough explanations of each exercise, verbal and tactile cues, psychological insights and tried and true teaching formulas to inspire you and help you take quantum leaps, both as a practitioner and an instructor in immediate and profound ways!
This Advanced Immersion is designed for Pilates devotees and instructors who have been practicing or teaching Pilates for at least one year and want to experience the master-apprentice art of learning transformational mind-body movement and teaching in its original form. Deepen and refine your understanding of the advanced work in your own body as you become a superlative and powerful guide.
In The Pilates Advanced Work Weekend Immersion you will:
• Learn correct breathing, alignment and form, integrating precise, flowing movement and the specific verbiage and cues that will help you to communicate to your students in a way that yields exceptional results.
• Very importantly, learn which exercises should be among the first to introduce to your clients as they are making the transition from Intermediate to the advanced level.
• Review variations and explanations of each exercise, performed standing, seated, kneeling, supine and prone as you find new balance, awareness, strength and agility in your body and acquire the tools to know how to facilitate this same awareness and aptitude in your clients.
• Overhead, Snake Twist, Balance Control, Side Sit-Ups, Rolling In and Out, Airborne Leg Springs, Mountain Climber and many others from the advanced repertoire will be taught, explained and demonstrated in exquisite detail.
• Sharpen your skills, review and refine your the work in your own body and achieve new heights of capability and total body strength as you learn the proper cuing and imagery in teaching these more challenging exercises.
• Come to know more than ever the importance of honing advanced skills in your own body first in order for you to pass the same prowess and mastery onto your students!
• Learn a tried and true formulaic approach that will make an advanced session smooth, fulfilling and enjoyable for both you, the teacher and your intermediate-advanced transitioning student.
• Introduce yourself to Jennifer’s trademark cueing and hands-on adjustments techniques that will strengthen your communication and make your teaching of the advanced level work immediately more effective, impactful and inspiring.