Jennifer Kries’ Pilates Mentorship Program, Teaching to Inspire! presents
The Beginner Reformer: The Bridge From Contemporary to Classical with Jennifer Kries at the California Pilates Center
The Reformer Bridge workshop will provide the participant with an in-depth experience of the Beginner level of the Classical Pilates Reformer work, including thorough explanations of each exercise, verbal and tactile cues, psychological insights and tried and true teaching formulas to inspire you and help you take quantum leaps, both as a practitioner and an instructor in immediate and profound ways!
Teaching to Inspire is designed for Pilates devotees and instructors who have been practicing or teaching Pilates for at least one year and want to experience the master-apprentice art of learning transformational mind-body movement and teaching in its original form. Deepen and refine your understanding of the work in your own body and become a superlative and powerful guide.
Perhaps the most renowned of all Pilates equipment, the Reformer and its sophisticated system of springs, straps and pulleys feature a vast selection of exercises that can be performed on this surprisingly versatile apparatus. The Short Spine, Long Box Series, Long Stretch Series, Semi-Circle, and Splits, are just some of the key exercises you will review and refine in your own body, as you acquire the most essential skills to assist your clients in integrating the transformational work on this amazing machine.
Join Jennifer Kries, 2nd Generation Classical teacher in this inspiring, groundbreaking workshop and revolutionize both your relationship to the work and your teaching in mere hours!
- Cover a sampling from the syllabus of Classical beginner level exercises on the Reformer for the healthy body, that will help your client to develop optimal alignment, core strength, and flexibility.
- Learn how to identify which exercises in the Classical Reformer repertoire should be the first you introduce to your beginner client to help him or her progress to the next level of challenge.
- Learn strategic techniques that will empower you as you refine your communication, cueing and hands-on skills necessary to inspire and teach the exercises on the Reformer and effectively transition between those exercises.
- Acquire the tools that will support you as you in lesson planning and time management strategies for the Beginner session; discover how to make each session creative and consistent as you maximize the time you have.
- Learn the ideal version of each exercise, the appropriate modifications, and the transitions between those exercises.
- Even as a more seasoned Pilates professional, move beyond a core review of the Reformer exercises and learn the movement principles behind them, as you learn to teach in the most compelling, transformative way.
An unparalleled innovator in the realm of health and fitness, 2nd Generation Classical Pilate teacher, dancer, choreographer, author, yoga devotee and lifestyle expert is an acclaimed guest lecturer and instructor at renowned educational health institutions and spa facilities worldwide. A true Pilates pioneer, Jennifer was the first to bring Pilates to the masses with her award-winning videos and DVDs, The Method Series, that revolutionized the fitness community and started the explosive wave of enthusiasm for Pilates mind-body exercise. www.JenniferKries.com